Saturday, July 11, 2015

My "Walk" Phase

Photo Credit: My Beautiful Daugher - Abi 

My “Walk” Phase

As I considered my “walk” for this project I was torn between several different topics.  The four topics that “I” choose were chosen because they are all areas in my life I felt I could use more guidance and learn more about.  They were areas in my life that I felt needed more ‘work’.  When it came down to choosing just one application for the “walk” I had a really hard time doing so. 

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this course and this assignment was the defining moment in gaining a stronger testimony.  I'm not quite sure if I actually put some sort of game plan together, but I did set a goal that I would at least meet with my bishop to discuss returning to the Temple.  That goal was accomplished.  It is just a matter of matching our schedules before scheduling another appointment with him to obtain a current temple recommend.  This was not one of my goals at the beginning of this project.  I still believe I have a very long way before walking back in the temple doors.  However, the healing that was needed has begun to transpire. 

I have spent many hours this semester listening to talks, reading talks, striving to understand how to continue growing my testimony.  There is no way to account for the many hours I have spent each week.  The previous two semesters of the Pathway program, I spent just as much time in the Book of Mormon course, however I did not learn nearly as much as I have in this course.  

After reading all of the wonderful talks by the Apostles and the Prophets, I have been able to find the inner peace that I needed to work towards returning to the temple.  My life has changed while reading each of these talks and quotes.  I have learned what is important in my life and what I should be striving for.  

At the beginning of the semester I was very overwhelmed and felt there was no way I would be able to accomplish the amount of writing and specifically this project.  I am thankful for this course and for the lessons that I have learned. I am thankful for this project, because it has forced me to read the beautiful messages from our Prophets, Seers and Revelators and to apply them to my life.

Lastly, I am thankful to Heavenly Father and the Lord Jesus Christ for providing the path for me to be part of the Pathway Program.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment